Yes, finally a real Easter again! No online Easter breakfast, no looking for Easter eggs while keeping your distance but just really together. And you know what, we will make your first spring days even more enjoyable. Starting Wednesday 13 up until the 20th of April 2022 it is Spring Week in and around the LAM museum: One week, three vibrant activities for the entire family.
This is how we’ll make your Easter really fun
1. Come and find some crazy Easter eggs
We have hidden a lot of rotating fried eggs by artist Rafaël Rozendaal around the LAM building. Found it? Don’t look too long though; these eggs are hypnotizing! Take the public footpath that cuts through the LAM, walk around the building, looking high, low and in between. Find and count the spinning eggs.• You can do this activity every day between the 13th and the 20th of April 2022. You do not need a ticket for the museum. When the museum is open on the day you come. Let us know how many fried eggs you have found and get a sweet reward.
• Rafaël Rozendaal (1980) is a Dutch artist based in New York. The internet is his canvas. The rotating fried egg Eggalone was purchased by the LAM museum, but is actually just as much yours. Go to eggalone.com, put your phone or laptop in a nice place and enjoy the artwork at home just as we do. Rafaël Rozendaal’s work can be seen all over the world. Besides the LAM museum, Rafaël Rozendaal works with creative places such as Center Pompidou, Kunstverein Frankfurt, TSCA Gallery Tokyo, Seoul Art Fair, Media Art Institute and the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam. His digital artworks have been featured in Time Magazine and the Wall Street Journal.
2. Play a game of Easter Bingo
Fresh orange juice, a white sandwich with a thick layer of Nutella, a crispy croissant and fresh cut pieces of pineapple; what do you prefer to eat during your Easter breakfast? Enter your favorite food in your personal bingo and enjoy yourself in the museum. Our friendly Kijkcoaches are happy to help you: cold, lukewarm, warm, hot, Bingo! A fantastic way to celebrate Easter with the whole family and to look at art.
You can play the Easter bingo during our opening days:
– Wednesday 13 April 2022
– Friday April 15, 2022
– Saturday April 16, 2022
– Sunday 17 April 2022
– Wednesday 20 April 2022
Made sure to check in all the corners, had fun and are now bursting with fresh energy? Share your bingo card and get a sweet Easter reward from us.
Book a ticket with start time at our website.
If all that tasty food art has made you hungry, the colleagues at Restaurant de Hofboerderij here at the Keukenhof Estate are happy to serve you brunch, lunch or drinks.
3. Admire artist Benjamin Li’s floral mosaic
It’s quite a task, but we’re up to the challenge. On April 14 and 15, 2022, we will translate a contemporary artwork by Benjamin Li into a 3 meters wide and 2 meters high traditional floral mosaic. On April 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2022 you can admire the mosaic of spring flowers in front of our museum building.
You do not need a ticket experience the flower mosaic.
• About Benjamin Li: Benjamin Li is a Rotterdam artist with Chinese roots. On his folding bike he visits Chinese-Indonesian restaurants that are slowly making way for sushi places and snack bars. He photographs the dishes and turns them into works of art. In today’s LAM presentation you can see a video artwork by Benjamin Li, a real eyecatcher. In addition to the LAM museum, Benjamin Li’s art will soon be on display in the FENIX in Rotterdam, which has yet to be opened.
Tip: come by bike
Due to our neighbors Keukenhof, the roads can be extra busy these days. We recommend that you come by bicycle. Besides this being very practical, it’s above all fantastic. Can you already smell the blooming flower bulb fields in your mind?